Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Carrot Cake
I made a carrot cake on Sunday. (sorry, no picture) Won't post the recipe--we all have one or another that we use. I used the Better Home and Gardens one this time just for kicks. Anyhow, it calls for 2 C of sugar, I used 1. It calls for 3/4 C of oil, I used applesauce. And it was still really good. Not as sweet, but it was okay. I didn't mess with the frosting and so that was really sweet still. I know, I know, if you're gonna have cake, just make the cake. Fat, sugar, the whole thing. Well, yeah. But if I can make it a little healthier, I'm all over that too. So there you have it. Love you!! (in fact, I'm going to eat the last piece right now.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yummy! I really like carrot cake! I am looking forward to Layla's boxed birthday cake tonight! :)
It sounds delicious! I haven't had carrot cake for awhile.
Sounds yummy! I also cook like that-- reduce the sugar and sub in applesauce quite often! Just make sure it's natural applesauce-- not the kind with apples,sugar,corn syrup--etc! I think that "regular" applesauce is a joke!
Post a Comment