(p. 246)
All Done . . . top with vanilla ice cream . . .
And enjoy.
Fruit Crisp
5 C sliced, peeled cooking apples, pears, peaches, apricots, or frozen unsweetened peach slices
2-4 T granulated sugar
1/2 C regular rolled oats
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1/4 C all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg, ginger, or cinnamon
1/4 C butter or margarine
1/4 C chopped nuts or coconut
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Peel and slice the fruit.
Add sugar and mix. Put it in an 2 quart square baking dish.
Combine the oatmeal, brown sugar, flour and spices. Cut in butter till it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts and/or coconut. Put on top of fruit. Bake @ 375 for about 35-40 minutes.
Top with ice cream or REAL whipped cream.
**I double the topping because I like that part a lot. I also substitued applesauce for half the butter in the topping and it came out just great!!
3 comments:
Where did you get all of those yummy peaches?? That looks delicious.
Oh, and I don't really think the ice cream (or cream) is optional - ha ha
The peaches look way good!!! I would also double the topping...best part!!! :)
Post a Comment