Wednesday, December 10, 2008

No-Bake Cookies

I had never heard of these little babies until we got married. Yummy, yummy things they are.

And so easy. I'm all about that.

Melt the butter.


Add water, sugar and cocoa. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Not 3. Not 1. Just 2.


Remove from the heat and add the oats, peanut butter (I use chunky) and vanilla.


Put on waxed paper on cookie sheet and freeze . . . or refrigerate if you prefer. We freeze them, but I think that is Jon thing more than a normal no-bake cookie thing.


Aren't they cute, those little mounds of chocolate goodness.

Recipe

1/2 cup butter
1-2 cups sugar
4 heaping T cocoa
1/2 cup water

Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add 3 cups of oats (calls for quick but I use old fashioned and it is fine); 1 tsp vanilla; 1/2 cup of chunky peanut butter.

Scoop onto cookie sheet lined with waxed paper or tin foil. Chill in either fridge or freezer till firm. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Kim and Joel said...

Wohoo - it's not popovers any more - as yummy as popovers are :)0
Yeah, Mom never made those (at least that I remember)...I'll have to admit, I never have either